- Do I Need Fishing License? No, the boat has a license that covers everyone on board.
- Riders? You may ride along for half of your walk-on trip price. Walk-on trips are varied in price and length. We have grandparents who go to watch grandchildren, wives wanting to accompany husbands, etc.
- Children? We are fully equipped and ready for children. All Children under eight should wear a life vest at all times. If you have a small vest, we recommend you bring it along. The deckhand will tie off the rod to the railing if requested to prevent it from going overboard.
- How to Book? Reservations are required. You may book online and someone will call you back. You may also call 888-558-3889 and reserve with a credit card number. Or, if you have booked in advance, you may mail a check for half of the trip price.
- Customized Trips: We absolutely do it all. Walk-ons/Shared Expense trips are for anglers that want to "share expenses" with others. Private trips are the premium experience with your group only. You let us know what you want to do and we customize to your needs and budget.
- Safety. All for-hire vessels that carry more than six passengers MUST have every inch of the boat inspected and certified by the Coast Guard; top and bottom. This is similar to a doctor being "board certified."
- What Do I Need To Bring? Your desire to catch fish! We supply everything you need to fish including bait. According to your tastes, you should bring what you want to eat and drink during the trip, including plenty of fresh water, sunglasses, sunscreen, and hat if you like. Many anglers bring cameras or phone cameras. Anyone caught using any G.P.S. may cause the trip to be cancelled.
- What about Sea Sickness? Some of our customers prefer a new medicine called Bonine and claim it is extremely effective. This is found in most drug and supermarket stores. Put a little something on your stomach before your trip but nothing heavy and greasy; should be fine!
- What Should I Wear? Comfortable clothing for the weather taking into account our weather can change 30 degrees in a few hours. A light colored soft soled shoe is preferred like deck shoes or Crocs.
- Tipping? Yes, the deckhand(s) work for tips and fish cleaning. Tipping is customary and is usually 15-20% of your trip price. This is NOT included in the price of your trip. Our deckhands are great with children, professional, experienced and are there to help you catch fish!
- Fish Cleaning? This is .30 per whole weight pound of fish. For example if you catch 10 pounds of fish, it is $3.00 and the deckhands will fillet your fish and put them in a Ziploc for you to take home. YOU CAN’T GET ANY FRESHER AND IT’S DELICIOUS! You do not have to take your fish. Someone else will be glad to pay for the cleaning to get the fish.
Check out the Fishing Seasons in the Gulf of Mexico and plan your trip around the fish you want!